Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Better Pasture


I herd sheep in a beautiful meadow
They graze in full freedom
Till their belly is full
I watch them walk looking for better pasture
Even when they need no more

I do not say a word
I watch them and just let them be
I squeeze my eyes
And look at the other side of the river
Now, ain’t the other side of the river more beautiful?

Ah! I sigh taking in the nature’s beauty
Sakteng it is called
Maybe one of earth’s heaven it is
My sheep have all gone for better pasture
But I don’t want to make another choice

Right here is my heaven
River flows with a peaceful calm
People work in natural harmony
And I, this stranger in this place
Gulp in this moment’s peace as I say
There is never a greener pasture.

No comments:

This is Bhutan

I moved to Adelaide, South Australia 10 months ago. This decision was driven by my belief that family has to be together and pursuing your c...