Thursday, April 18, 2019

An Unexpected Beginning


-->
Disclaimer: I would like the readers to read this story without judgment. The story is triggered by a real incident but is more imaginary than real and the thoughts are my own. A second sequel of the story will follow soon, which will be even more imaginary than this post.

There are times when your body cries for a touch that you are not entitled for. There are times when your heart yearns for things that is beyond your boundary. There are times when you want to live in your thoughts forgetting the reality.

I happened to be in a gathering of people of different backgrounds, all of them senior to me. And I would like to believe that it is our karmic connection that brought us together and it was not a mere coincidence. I am a person who believes that nothing happens by chance. A week wore on, rather slowly. The first day seemed to be the longest. But second week started and I felt like it had not been two weeks since I was with the group. Sense of time seems to be relative, and it is determined more by who you are with and what you do with them. I came to enjoy the company of these different people and cherished and thanked the karma that brought us together.

I would also like to call this meeting an unexpected one because except from a person or two, all these people are new in my life. I did not know them before. And I joined the group without knowing what to expect. The first week finished without knowing names of half these people and then came a time when we started opening up, joking, teasing, and being ourselves. And I realized that no matter how old, or what we become in our professional lives, we are children in or remain young in the innermost parts of our hearts.

I am not sure how it happened but when I knew, I found that I craved for what is not mine. And this man had the charm of making women yearn for just a little more than she could have. I think it is his sense of humour and his ability to find joy in the present that makes people love him. And I guess there are also times when women love men’s body more than their looks (😛). And on the third week, the thoughts of the impossible occupied my mind and in one of the meetings that went beyond time, I kept myself awake with the following thoughts:

This heart of mine
Refuses to grow old
Now that I have met you
It leaps in hope again
It tells me that it is not wrong
That we can love anytime
Anywhere
And we’ve no control

I am in turmoil
My heart races
But my mind reasons it is wrong
I am not sure which is which
And I giving up
Cuz if this love is wrong
I want to take the risk

I close my eyes
Listen to the sweet murmur
I shut my mind
And open up my heart
Love sinks in
And I soar in joy

No comments:

This is Bhutan

I moved to Adelaide, South Australia 10 months ago. This decision was driven by my belief that family has to be together and pursuing your c...