Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Indulging bodies in the water; missing the beloved

Karma, Tshoki and I lay in the water, face up, looking at the sky. I know hundred thoughts ran in our head; but we spoke only few words. The sound of the waves shook our heart—but it only took us further away from ourselves. We rode into an imaginary land of bliss.

Benny sat a little above us. We asked him to join us and enjoy the beauty of nature. At such time, it is as if our mind blends with the phenomena all around it.

Two meters away from us sat a couple. It was dark. We could only see the silhouette of things around. Suddenly we were talking about the couple and wishing that we each had our beloved with us. All our eyes focused on them. Benny missed his wife so much that he had a tough time controlling his emotions. Then the three of us talked about our beloved back home. But I gave that up and went back to the resort. I lay down in the dark under the canopy and dreamed a long beautiful dream. I was alone. I always prefer to be alone when I have to weave a beautiful dream.

I could hear the laughter of my friends, echoing in the night. They were having fun. They laughed out so loud, as much as they missed their beloved. Sometime, we laugh extremely high only to hide our true emotions. They later told me that they made a plan to roll over towards the couple. Benny made a plan of even sneaking over their window…which was more a joke though.

The guys got so curious that, at midnight again, they went to the beach and talked to this couple. Some of us even had the wildest imagination of the possibility of them making love in the ocean. We found that it was the girl’s birthday the next day. So they prepared a bonfire on the beach and had a wonderful night. I saw them the next morning at the beach again. I didn’t envy them so much now…they were there just as a normal visitor like my friends and me. The pain we bore the other night probably wasn’t all that worthy after all. Why ache for someone who isn’t near? But the emotions blanketed the reality. It was fun though—to draw images of love in our mind in the dark silent night.

No comments:

This is Bhutan

I moved to Adelaide, South Australia 10 months ago. This decision was driven by my belief that family has to be together and pursuing your c...