Wednesday, November 14, 2007

But why?


“I want you to know that I don’t want to chat with you anymore…” Don’t want to chat anymore?

Good friends don’t say goodbye like that, do they? I guess it is true that, “Oftentimes we say goodbye to the one we love without wanting to, though that doesn't mean that we stopped loving them or we stopped to care. Sometimes, goodbye is a painful way to say I love you.”

Many years we have been good friends and when smog of uncertain reason came up in his head I had no choice but to retrace my path back and hold my heart in my own hands.
I trusted his judgment and I didn’t want to ask questions about who was right and who was wrong. I thought he chose the path he did because he knew it was good for him. What right did I have to interrupt and put my perception in him? I was only a person who held little brain and human heart. I had nothing else to offer him. Nothing.

Years of friendship ended before my eyes. It came crumbling down and not a trace was left. No we didn’t hold grudge. There was no sense of revenge swelling up in our mind. We simply said goodbye and goodbye it was.

No comments:

When I was on the Verge of Quitting

I am writing this post one year and one month after my last post. I buried writing as a past hobby, or a habit. I buried my urge to write as...