Friday, August 29, 2008

Druk Path Trek






Were we tired? I don't know. It was like we had a second force coming from somewhere that pushed us ahead. It was great fun. It was like we never lived closer to nature. It was a three day trek in the mountains.




The Thimphu valley lay so beautifully when we climbed higher up the mountain. With each rest we took, we looked down and admired this beautiful civilization.


We climbed up and reached a beautiful hill top. It is above Phajoding the famous monastery. As the cold breeze seeped through our bones, we felt a chilling sensation of the reality.


And finally when we reached the camping area and settled for the night, we drank. Not to get drunk but in merriment. And the laughter generated in the tent reverberated around the jungle and the mountain.

No comments:

When I was on the Verge of Quitting

I am writing this post one year and one month after my last post. I buried writing as a past hobby, or a habit. I buried my urge to write as...