Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Love with a stranger

I am not quite sure what enticed me to this place. And where did I meet him? I must tell you, I have a really bad memory and I can’t remember where I met him and when. And how we got to know each other. But suffice me to say that, I remember the best part of my life with him. The moment that comes vividly to my mind right now as I write it down is the moment I felt so much love. That feeling of complete bliss, the feeling of butterflies in my stomach as he hugged me, his hands locked in front of my bosom, his head nestling on my shoulder, kissing my neck, softly uttering, ‘I love you. You are the best thing that happened to me.’

Would there be a better place for me? There was not a single doubt in my mind that I had found my soul mate. The most important thing was that he made me feel beautiful, and completely at ease.

And of course, not all things last. This changed. Suddenly. And I was left with no consolation. I had no friends, and no relatives to seek help from. I fell for a person with the sweetest words. I cried day and night. At that moment, I felt more shocked than betrayed. I couldn’t believe that a person can utter love without feeling the tiniest of flutter in his heart. I wondered, ‘did he need practicing it many times to lure women to his arms and then leave them heartbroken?’ I was dismayed over the fact that a person can be this heartless. Over the fact that a person can find no better way to earn a living than to lure women into matrimony, rob them off their valuables and then leave them helpless.

But I believe women are stronger than men. If they have the guts to cheat on them, betray them, or rob them, women have the power to come back. I also wondered if I appeared gullible to him. I am not a girl who hangs out late. Knowing myself well, I had no one to blame but my fate. Right now, all I tell myself is that I am unlucky in love. On the other hand, I am grateful that he left me before I was pregnant. I always believed that love could never turn to hatred but at the moment, having gone through the unbelievable twist of fate, if I had to see a face that resembled him on my lap everyday, I feel I would hate the world itself.


Anyway, I went back to being single from married. And because he disappeared before I could introduce him to my friends and family, I was spared many questions. I am recovering from shock and sadness at his behavior and I am beginning life anew.

6 comments:

Overcome Life said...

Beautiful piece Kuenza. I love reading it. Short but clear! :)

Kuenza said...

Thanks Rima. I was inspired to write it after hearing a similar story from one of my friends. You must be now back to your beautiful family and home.

www.norbuwangdisblogspot.com said...

Mam I felt bit painful while going through your post. And I pray " May all the women of this world free of such predators"

Kuenza said...

Thanks Norbu. It is as if we all pay for our own karmic debt, but I wish too that all people were little more reasonable in the everyday conduct of their life.

Overcome Life said...

Yes Kuenza, I'm back to my home sweet home now. Thank you for everything you've done for me. I appreciate it very much. Also for your time and effort. Thank you, thank you, and thank you. Wish you have a wonderful life ahead! :)

Kuenza said...

Rima, the pleasure was totally mine--to at least enable you to visit us. In a way, you make Bhutanese connect more. I have no doubt that you will continue touching many lives.

When I was on the Verge of Quitting

I am writing this post one year and one month after my last post. I buried writing as a past hobby, or a habit. I buried my urge to write as...